If you want to buy a product you see here simply click the pick or this link -> Stella for Star Amazon Store
Search This Blog
Sunday, May 16, 2010
If You Could See Me Now
Author: Cecelia Ahern
Ivan is one of the mythic imaginary friends; only those that need him can actually see him. And so its just another routine day when he meets young Luke playing with his toys in a small town in Ireland. Only things get a little, not so routine when Elizabeth, Luke's uptight aunt, begins to see Ivan. Now Ivan has to find a way to help a woman that doesn't believe in imagination have a little fun.
Well this is what you get when imaginary friends fall in love. I can't lie this book was so far off from what I expected. When I read P.S. I Love You I couldn't put it down and cried throughout most of the book. But this one took a while to really get into. For one the concept is a little odd.
Alright so I love when people unexpectedly fall in love with someone they'd never seen themselves with before. But Ivan's just so childlike to start, which makes sense for being a professional imaginary friend but he reminds me of Peter Pan; he hasn't grown up enough to fall in love. Luckily his character develops to a point where I can believe that he would have feelings for Elizabeth.
I wish there was more devotion to Saoirse's character, I know the stories really not about her but I would've liked to see a little more of her and Elizabeth's relationship. Maybe a scene showing that Elizabeth is going to start healing the relationship they have.
I will say that I do like the way it ends. I don't want to say too much about the ending, but really the story plays out in the only way it can. So if you have the time to devote to this book read it, just don't be surprised if it takes awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your thoughts and suggestions!