Author: Patricia Briggs
I've always been a huge fan of the occult/fantasy genre (I liked vampires before they were cool! :P) so naturally Moon Called called to me (pardon the pun). But Briggs adds her own, quite interesting I might add, twist to the classics. Sure there are werewolves-Moon Called-and plenty of vampires-Blood Bound-and who doesn't love a good story about the powerful and mysterious fae-Iron Kissed- but Mercy isn't any of these. She's a coyote, that's right she can shape-shift into a coyote at any time she pleases.
I know different right? I'm guessing you don't really know anything about coyotes (the shape-shifting ones that is). The thing is Mercy doesn't really know that much either. This leaves Briggs open to add a multitude intriguing qualities for Mercy to possess.
Personally I think she's the coolest mechanic chic around. I mean just check the first cover; I'd totally be her for Halloween if I thought I could pull it off. Anyone that loves a strong female character with lots of sass should definitely pick theses books up.
Briggs writing style pulls you in to Mercy's world from the first chapter. Her use of suspense keeps me up 'til all hours of the night because I can't wait to find out how she's going to get out of this scrape.
Rumor has is it a graphic novel is in the works (ok many not rumor cause its true, but it sounded cool), I just hope its as good as the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your thoughts and suggestions!